What: If you like to ride your bike then this program is for you, an awesome indoors cycling program. For all women who love to ride their bikes and are interested in training together throughout the winter. Lindsay McGregor (nee Argue) is the program coordinator and leads the cycling portion, Christa Rusk a Stott Pilates certified instructor who lead a portion of the evening that focuses on a mix of core, stretching and mobility.
Who: Badass cycling women, all women are welcome to attend!
Where: School gym that is located just off of University Crescent, WMEMS Katherine Friesen Campus
26 Agassiz Drive
When: 6-8:00 pm (16 Thursday’s throughout the winter)
- Nov 8, 2018
- Nov 15
- Nov 22
- Nov 29
- Dec 6
- Dec 13
- Jan 10, 2019
- Jan 17
- Jan 24
- Jan 31
- Feb 7
- Feb 14
- Feb 21
- Feb 28
- March 7
- March 14
Cost: There are three options this year. When you bring your registration and waiver form you will receive a card to be hole punched when you attend depending on which option you choose
- Full Program $190 (Non Velo or MCA member $200)
- 8 Class Pass $90 (Non Velo or MCA member $100)
- 5 Class Pass $60 (Non Velo or MCA member $70)
- Drop In (max 3 classes) $10
What to Expect:
- Arrive early enough to change and set up your bike & trainer.
- An 1.5 hour workout including high cadence spinning & hard effort intervals
- A copy of the workout emailed to you afterwards so you can do it again at home
- A welcoming, supportive community and cycling fitness!
What to Bring:
- Stationary trainer or rollers
- Yoga mat (for after ride session)
- Water bottle, towel & post workout snack
- If you don’t have a trainer and would like to try one before purchasing please e-mail Lindsay.
Registration will take place on the first evening at 6:00 pm.
Velodonnas Club membership has its privileges and now it has its DISCOUNTS!
As of July 31st, club membership is only $25 and valid until December 31st. Join now and use the coupon code falldiscount
Do you have a daughter who would like to join as well? If she’s under 18 years of age, her membership is free! Use the discount code daughterdeal
Some restrictions apply. See our Membership page for details.
It’s never too late to join us! There’s almost 3 more months of regular outdoor riding. After that, we start spinning indoors. And, of course, our casual Monday Night Skiing and occasional outdoor winter rides are a blast.
Come ride with us!
Time: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Location: Whittier Park (shelter adjacent to Fort Gibraltar)
Who: All female identifying riders 11 years old and up are welcome
Cost: Free for Velodonnas Club members
$10 for non-members
What to Bring:
- Cyclocross or Mountain Bike
- Water bottle and water
- Granola bar or something like that (snacks)
- Your enthusiasm for learning new skills / improving skills you already have / challenging yourself
Skills We’ll Cover:
- The Basics – pedal stroke, braking, shifting, cornering, getting out of the saddle
- Mounts and Dismounts
- Carrying the bike
- Starts – bike & body contact, touching wheels
- Hurdles and run ups
Well, almost all of our custom order has arrived. The MTB jerseys will be another few weeks. Stay tuned.
Jerseys & bib shorts, socks, t-shirts and bottles are here. Available for pick up at Karin’s house in St. Boniface. Text her at 204-791-3195 to arrange pick up.
Didn’t pre-order? Don’t worry, we have plenty of t-shirts & bottles to go around. Let us know if your interested in purchasing firstname.lastname@example.org
Coming soon….ball caps!!
Last year’s south east route was so good we’re going to do it again but this time we’ll return home via Ile des Chênes and Grande Pointe.
REGISTER for the event and check out the maps, cue sheets and GPX files (for uploading to your GPS device) here: Women’s 100/160
The 3rd Annual Solstice Ride is happening tomorrow night – Monday June 25th 6:30 PM
For those new to the club, the Solstice Ride is a regular Monday Night (Road) Ride but longer than the usual distance – to help prepare for the Women’s 100
Start locations are the same for all 3 options (South, West & North). Start times are the same except for the South which normally starts at 7:00 PM. Tomorrow night all rides leave at 6:30 PM.
The SOUTH will be ~80 km long and ~ 3hours. Heading to Ile des Chênes, Lorette (break), Landmark (break) & St Adolphe (break). If you are coming please bring 2 bottles and some food. Yes, we will stop in 3 places but the stops will be brief so we’re not out past dark! Bring cash (or whatever) if you want to buy something at any of the rest stops.
The WEST route will ride ~60 km and head to Headingly by way of Roblin Blvd as usual, then head over Taylor bridge and take the access road to St. François Xavier and continue past the Whitehorse till we’ve gone a total of 30km and turnaround. We can stop at the general store in town (open till 8) if anyone needs on the way out or back depending on time.
NORTH riders are planning a 60-65 km route as well. No details just yet but it will be great! 😉
So, if anyone is looking for a slightly shorter route than the South’s 80km, then please consider yourself invited to the West or North rides. (Of course, any ride is open to any member as per usual).
Questions? Concerns? Shoot us an email or contact any one of the ride leaders (also known as Veldodonnas Domestiques).
June 18 – 24, 2018 is Bike Week in Winnipeg!
Help spread the word – Velodonnas is hosting an Introductory Skill Clinic for ALL riders of ALL abilities on ALL bikes. The emphasis is basic bike skills for commuters and anyone else wanting to be more bike confident and competent!
Friday June 22
5:30 – 6:30 PM
Whittier Park (meet in shelter adjacent to Fort Gibraltar)
Velodonnas will also have a table set up at Ciclovia on Sunday June 24th. Come say hello and maybe grab a free poster (quantities very limited).
Our annual MTB Skills Clinic which was (kind of) rained out last weekend has been rescheduled to JUNE 23 at 4:00 PM.
Still at Bison Butte. Meeting in and leaving from parking lot next to Cabela’s at 4:00 PM sharp. If you’re late, find us at the Butte.
REGISTER so we know how many to expect!
See you soon shredders!
Drop everything and get your orders in! The deadline to pre-order club gear is JUNE 1st, 2018
Check out what we have in store here: Velodonnas Custom
Here’s the direct link to pre-order your gear: Velodonnas Custom Pre-Order Form
DEADLINE is JUNE 1st
Reminder: the first 100 Velodonnas members to register this year will receive a lovely pouch as a membership gift. Moni is keeping track and has the pouches. She is slowly distributing but you are welcome to go to her house to pick up. Contact her at email@example.com
Please note: we do plan to “refresh” our club kit (jersey, bib shorts, socks) maybe as early as next year. Nothing crazy but it will be a change from the kit design you see now. Fair warning for those who’d rather wait for the new look before ordering a kit.
Friday Night Mountain Bike Rides @ Bison Butte
May 18 through September
Meet at Cabela’s parking lot
Ready to roll at 6:30 PM SHARP
Ride Leader: Gill Cooper 204-296-7309 (call or text) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bison Butte is a technical course requiring a bike designed for aggressive off-road riding.
- Ride is usually 1-2 laps depending on group skill/ability level.
- ALL abilities are welcome but you should come with some experience riding off road. Some nights may focus on obstacle drills. Let Gill now if there are specific features you want to session!
- All female riders, 13+ years of age, are welcome. Riders must be Velodonnas Club & MCA members (General member at least). A one time try out ride is permitted but you MUST bring a signed waiver with you (see below). Come check us out! Get a Membership
- Contact Gill to get added to her email contact list.
- Ride updates will be posted on Velodonnas Facebook group page, twitter and email accounts.
- HELMET – MANDATORY. No helmet=no ride. Helmets must be cycling specific.
- Riding gloves and eye protection. Optional: knee/elbow pads.
- Water bottle(s), plus energy bar/gel
- Spare tube, levers, pump
- CELL PHONE
- Emergency contact with medical alert information (e.g. a card in your pocket, Road ID wristband)
- Rear flashing light, front light (recommended) if you are commuting to/from the venue.
You must be a CLUB member AND a MCA member in order to ride with us. You are welcome to try a ride first before committing to membership. No charge. One time only. You MUST come with a signed waiver: ADULT Waiver or Youth (U18) Waiver