That’s right, you have the rest of the weekend to get your custom gear orders in! Check out the styles on offer and the order form here:
We’re all stuck at home but that doesn’t mean we can’t ride together – virtually!
Please join our weekly Zwift “meetup” rides
Mondays at 6:00 PM
Ride at your own pace, for as long as you like. Just don’t be late to the start!
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
Minimum – a bike, a stationary trainer, a speed/cadence sensor and a Zwift account.
You’ll need to download the app so you also need an internet connection and a device such as a computer, tablet or phone.
Find out more here: https://zwift.com/eu/video/how-to-cycling
Gear check: https://zwift.com/hardware
If you are new to Zwift, give yourself time to get the apps, your gear and connections sorted. There’s a learning curve you need to overcome.
FOLLOW Karin McSherry on Zwift (download the Zwift Companion App) so she can invite you to the meetups. Only her followers can be invited.
These are no drop rides. Seriously. As long as you keep pedalling we will stay together no matter our effort level.
Now, download the Discord app to your phone and we can voice chat while riding. Use headphones/ear buds. No phone speaker, please.
Link to channel: https://discord.gg/8YZdsU6
*PLEASE READ THIS MESSAGE IN ITS ENTIRETY *
March 17, 2020
Hello to all MCA members,
The Manitoba Cycling Association has been closely monitoring provincial, federal and global health agencies, in addition to conferring with our national and local partners with respect to best practices related to the rapidly changing coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
The health and safety of our members and staff is our highest priority.
To be mindful of the public’s health, and to do our part to flatten the curve and reduce the spread of COVID-19, the following courses of action will be implemented effective immediately until further notice. We will continue to monitor the situation daily and post updates as we have them.
- The Sport for Life Centre has suspended all training at the facility
- The Sport for Life Centre has cancelled all current meetings and has suspended access to all meeting rooms until further notice
- Provincial team training will be completed at home until further notice
- First Aid training courses at the Sport for Life centre have been postponed for March and will be re-scheduled to a future date
- MCA sanctioned races will be reviewed and postponed as necessary. We will work diligently and collaboratively with our organizers to reschedule as many of our planned events as possible. Race Calendar link: http://mbcycling.ca/events/
- Multi-Sport cycling clinics on April 21, April 28, and May 5 will be postponed and possibly cancelled.
- Sanctioned club rides and activities (including Kids of Mud program) will be postponed until further notice.
The decision to postpone events and programming has been very difficult but has become necessary.
We will continue to monitor the situation and post updates to the Manitoba Cycling Association website (mbcycling.ca).
Please continue to follow recommended personal hygiene practices:
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Cover both your nose and mouth when coughing. Try to cough or sneeze into your arm, away from others, or into tissue paper (to be disposed in toilet). Wash your hands immediately afterwards.
- Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness.
- Face masks are most effective in preventing transmission when worn by the person who is ill.
It’s time to get Fit For Spring Velodonnas!
Join us at Sport Manitoba on Wednesdays or Sundays (or both) March 15th through April 8th.
$15 per session (or less!). Maximum 15 riders per session.
Get ALL the details and register here: https://ccnbikes.com/#!/events/9903-velodonnas-indoor-training-2020
Ride for Reese is a fundraising spin class hosted by Velodonnas in support of long-standing Velodonnas member and friend, April Gobert and her family. Most especially her son Reese Ketler who suffered a life-altering spinal injury playing hockey in December. Reese was enrolled in the MCA’s Kids of Mud program for a number of years.
ALL proceeds to the Ketler/Gobert family.
DATE: Sunday January 26, 2020
TIME: 1:00 PM (ride time 45 mins, please arrive 15 min prior to start)
LOCATION: Wheelhouse Cycle Club (655 Sterling Lyon Pkwy, Unit 5)
If you cannot attend, but would like to purchase a ‘support ticket’, we have set up an ‘Add-on purchase option’. You can purchase this without an actual event ticket.
We are also collecting basket/prize items to sell tickets for on the day of. If you would like to contribute either a basket, items for a basket or money, please let us know. Etransfers are accepted through Ride@velodonnas.ca.
Register in 2 steps:
- Pay and REGISTER via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/velodonnas-ride-for-reese-tickets-88681014301?utm_term=eventurl_text
- CREATE a Wheelhouse account: https://www.wheelhousecycleclub.com
We are limited to 41 people per room and if we sell out we have the option of adding another ride later that day.
If you don’t or can’t ride, but would like to stop by Sunday afternoon, you are definitely most welcome!
- Wheelhouse Spin Studio is located at 655 Sterling Lyon Pkwy near the outlet mall.
- The studio has lockers with a keypad on them so no need to bring a lock.
- Cycling shoes are included but you can also bring your own (the pedals have Look Delta clips on one side and SPD on the other).
- Bring a water bottle.
- Each ride is 45 minutes long. Arrive at least 15 minutes ahead to make sure shoes fit and for proper bike set up.
- Each rider is assigned a bike. Bikes have power meters on them and at the end of each class, riders will receive an email with their stats and performance data.
- Each rider needs to set up a Wheelhouse account prior to riding for shoe size info and email addresses to receive stats (see link above).
Spread the word!
This ride is for ANYONE & EVERYONE. If we sell out this ride, we’ll add another.
Remember, if you can’t ride but want to donate please use the Eventbrite link above.
You may also contribute to Reese’s Go Fund Me. The goal is $250,000.