Monday night skiing with Velodonnas starts next week!
Location: Windsor Park Nordic Centre (10 rue Des Meurons, Winnipeg).
Ready to ski at 7:00 PM.
Trail fees are in effect. Check out windsorparknordic.ca for details.
If you need to rent equipment please arrive ~20 mins early.
Classic technique (to start). We can talk skating later.
All abilities. Velodonnas members only. Come try it out once for free (like our Monday Night Rides).
Contact: Karin McSherry firstname.lastname@example.org 204-791-3195
Let’s go skiing!
Fall 2016 Program
Location: Beautiful Savior Lutheran School (52 Birchdale Ave), School Gym
Registration: Official registration will take place at the first session – Wednesday, October 26 at 6:00pm
Pre Registration: Please complete and e-mail the registration form and waiver to Lindsay at email@example.com
Dates: 8 weeks – 6:00-8:00pm
- Oct 26
- Nov 2
- Nov 9
- Nov 16
- Nov 23
- Nov 30
- Dec 7
- Dec 14
What to Expect:
- Arrive at 6:00 PM to change and set up your bike & trainer
- An hour and a half workout including high cadence spinning & hard effort intervals
- A copy of the workout emailed to you afterwards so you can do it again at home
- Cycling fitness!
What to Bring:
- Water Bottle
- If you don’t have a trainer and would like to try one before purchasing please e-mail Lindsay.
– $100 – Velodonnas Team Members
– $120 – MCA Licensed Members
– $140 – Non MCA Members
Or $10 Drop-in (maximum 3)
Lindsay Argue firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy September 1st!
You know what’s great about September? Cyclocross.
You know what’s great about Cyclocross? Everything.
Starting next week Friday nights are cyclocross training nights with the Velodonnas. Join us 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM at Whittier Park for an hour of circuit training where we’ll try to master the beauty and grace of dismounts & remounts, bike carries & barriers, run ups & off camber switchbacks. It will transform you.
What to bring?
- Your cyclocross or mountain bike. Remove your bottle cage (carry a bottle in your jersey pocket).
- HELMET (obviously), gloves, spare tube (with tire lever, pump)
- CELL PHONE
- Emergency contact with medical alert information (e.g. a card in your pocket, Road ID wristband)
- Rear flashing light and front light IF you are traveling to and from Whittier Park on your bike. BE SEEN out there on the roads! If you are driving then the lights are not necessary.
The August Wednesday Night MTB Ride Schedule has been posted. Let’s get our off road skills developed so we can crush the new “Bison Butte” MTB course at Fort Whyte when it opens later this month!
Note that August 24th will be a Try-a-Race opportunity at Bur Oak in Birds Hill Park. Good times!!
Monday Night Road Ride August 8th will be another “Race Prep” night. Come with your questions and ready to hammer. We’ll set up a mini handicap race for some friendly competition and race practice. The 2nd Grande Pointe Circuit Race is happening Thursday August 11th: http://mbcycling.ca/event/grande-pointe-circuit-race-road-2/
The sun will start setting pretty early so keep in mind that the Monday Night Rides will start at 6:30pm August 22nd & 29th. And then that’s it for evening road rides. Mountain Bike rides will continue but please remember to bring your lights if you are commuting to/from the rides. Be visible out there!
And if you know what’s good and right you will mark your calendar for our Cyclocross Skills Clinic
Sunday August 28th.
Stay tuned for more info on weekly “cross labs” (cyclocross skills & drills) starting in September.
It’s that time again! Time for our annual CENTURY RIDE. A little something we call the Dirt Skirt 100. Here’s the details:
Time & Location: 8:30 AM, leaving from Assiniboine Park – old zoo entrance parking lot https://goo.gl/maps/ByHbFGJHvy92
Open to all FEMALE cyclists 13+ years of age.
Free for Velodonnas & MCA members.
$10 for non-MCA members. Please bring a signed WAIVER with you:
100 km Route map: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/12926861
160 km Route map: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/12927359
This is a self-supported ride:
- Come Prepared
- Carry spare tubes, pump, food, water & money for more food/water at local gas stations.
- Bring your mobile phone.
- Aid Stations
- We will have some snacks and water at 4 aid stations – Rosser (25km point), Marquette (50km point), Hwy 26 at PR248 (115km point of the 160km route) & the white horse in St. Francois Xavier (78km/137km points).
- Both Rosser & Marquette have gas stations.
- Bring your Baking!
- If you would like to bake/make ride snacks for sharing please bring them to the start and we’ll get them to the aid stations.
Questions? Contact Kim Mitchell email@example.com
Facebook event page
Join us for a few hours of skills and drills – Saturday June 4th 10:00 AM, Birds Hill Park – Bur Oak trails.
We’ll split up in to different ability/experience groups, set up some obstacles, go for a trail ride. We’ve got something for everyone!
Want to order more pieces of our fabulous kit?
Missed out on the first order?
Use this sign up sheet and don’t miss out on the next one:
Velodonnas Team Kit Order Sheet
We’ve added a Social page to our site. Any Instagram post tagged with #velodonnas will appear on this page.
So, ride on ladies – post and tag. Your shots are sure to delight and inspire others!
Looking for a regularly weekly road ride in the north of end of the city?
Cindy Brown is leading a “Velodonnas of the North” ride on Monday nights starting at 6:30 PM from Birds Hill Park school parking lot in the town of Birds Hill.
All other Monday Night Ride guidelines and what to bring etc. are the same. Check out the page and contact Cindy if you are interested in our northern connection!
Join us for a few hours of skills and drills – Saturday May 7th 10:00 AM, Assiniboine Duck Pond.
We’ll cover pretty much everything you need to feel confident and inspired to join our club rides or any other group ride…