We are so happy to announce that official club rides and skill clinics are starting again!
Of course there are a lot of changes this year but STARTING THIS WEEK, we are offering weekly INTERVAL (road) training rides and MOUNTAIN BIKE GROUP rides. Group road rides (Monday Night Rides) will not resume while physical distancing rules are in effect.
We are super excited to start our season with you. As expected, there are a number of Covid-19 protocols in place to keep everyone safe.
Riding Together Rules
- All riders must pre-register to ride 24 hours in advance
- All rides are limited to 10 participants, including the Ride Leader
- ALL RIDERS MUST BE CURRENT VELODONNAS MEMBERS. If you haven’t renewed your membership yet, here is the link: https://ccnbikes.com/#!/events/velodonnas-cycling-2020
- Practice physical distancing by staying a minimum of two (2) meters away from other people at all times, while on the trail and in the parking lot
- No passing on single-track trail (mountain bike)
- When meeting another rider coming in the opposite direction, you must move off the trail to allow the other rider to pass
- Ride behind riders of higher ability, to help minimize congestion of the trails (mountain bike)
- Do not share any equipment, food or water with anyone
- Please carry hand sanitizer and regularly wash hands
After Your Ride / When you get home
- Use Hand Sanitizer before you pack up & touch your other belongings or your car
- Wash hands thoroughly when you get home
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces (e.g. handlebars, brake levers and gear shifters)
YOU MUST REGISTER 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE. This is to ensure maximum group size.
This week’s RIDE schedule:
- Monday June 8th 6:30 PM – Road intervals with Cindy – Birds Hill Park main road. Meet at Pan Am start area (top of hill past East Gate, essentially where North Dr becomes South Dr.
- Monday night Zwift ride is still happening. If you know, you know. 🙂
- Wednesday June 10th 7:00 PM – Mountain Bike group ride with Emily P- Whittier Park. Meet in Fort Gibraltar parking lot.
- Friday June 12th 7:00 PM – Mountain Bike group ride with Gill C – Bison Butte. Meet in the parking lot adjacent to (east side of) Cabella’s on Sterling Lyon.
- Ride sign up link: https://ccnbikes.com/#!/events/velodonnas-ride-signup
What about SKILL CLINICS?
- SAVE THE DATE! Road skills clinic – Monday June 15th 6:00 PM
- Location TBD (Grande Pointe or Assiniboine Park)
- Same rules apply. Sign up here (currently waiting for this link to go live): https://ccnbikes.com/#!/events/10235-2020-velodonnas-clinic-registration
- More road skill clinics will be scheduled as needed. Mountain Bike & Cyclocross clinics will be scheduled too – stay tuned!