Velodonnas membership is now up to 97 souls!
July is here and there is a lot going on. Here are some things you may want to add to your own riding calendar:
July 15th – Mountain Bike Skills Clinic in Morden http://dirtskirt.ca/skill-clinics/#morden
July 15th – Specialized Ambassador (Karin McSherry) Recon Ride Challenge – south of Darlingford, MB, right after the Morden clinic. This is a road ride. Climb a total of 1095m to celebrate La Course specifically and women’s cycling in general. More details here: https://www.specialized.com/ca/en/recon-ride and here: https://www.facebook.com/events/145824675984503/
July 23rd – Women’s 100 ride – ride 100km or 100miles (160km) with us as we take our cue from Rapha and organize a somewhat unsupported (ride at your own risk etc) “Century” celebrating women’s cycling around the globe. More details here: http://dirtskirt.ca/dirt-skirt-100/ and here: https://www.facebook.com/events/234199660417258/
July 29th – 2nd annual Velodonnas Pool Party – social event at Gill Cooper’s back yard pool. We’ll likely plan a ride beforehand. We will provide the food. You bring a beverage and a deck chair. We’ll set up some sort of sign up so as to know how many to expect. Stay tuned for more details as they materialize.
As always – our weekly events are such:
- Monday Night Road rides – both North (Birds Hill School) & South (Extra Foods at Southglen & St. Annes Rd) http://dirtskirt.ca/monday-night-rides/
- Wednesday Night (Road) intervals with Nancy http://dirtskirt.ca/interval-sessions-with-nancy-starting-april-12th/
- Wednesday Night Mountain Bike rides with Emily http://dirtskirt.ca/wednesday-night-mtb-rides/
- Friday Night Bison Butte MTB rides with Gill http://dirtskirt.ca/friday-night-mtb-rides-bison-butte-with-gill/
If you have’t read them yet or need a refresher, be sure to familiarize yourself with our Group Ride Guidelines (Road specific): http://dirtskirt.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Velodonnas-Group-Ride-Guidelines.pdf
We have some Monday Night “Skill Nights” planned for this month too!
- Monday July 10th – “Cat & Mouse” – essentially we’ll set up a friendly “handicap race” where we’ll start in different pace groups and try to chase or not be caught (depending on your speed group ;-))
- Monday July 17th – “Cornering” – south group will spend this evening in Grande Pointe subdivision practicing the art & science of cornering at speed. Very handy in general but especially if you’re planning a trip abroad or anywhere with elevation. 😉
- Monday July 31st – “Sprinting” – another practical skill not to be confused with “risking life and limb” as demonstrated in yesterday’s Tour de France stage.
If you haven’t already – find us on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter!
See you on the bike!