Monday Night Road Rides
April through August
Ready to roll at 7:00 PM SHARP (Note: 6:30pm starts in April and last 2 weeks in August).
Meet in Extra Foods parking lot Southglen Shopping Mall – St. Anne’s Rd @ Southglen Blvd.
Last minute updates/conversations on the Velodonnas Facebook page
Ride Leader: Karin McSherry 204-791-3195 (call or text) email@example.com
- These are road rides so bring a road worthy bicycle. Cyclocross and gravel grinder type bikes are just fine (slick tires, no knobbies). Please, no cruisers, mountain bikes or flat bar hybrids.
- Distance ~30 – 50 km ride (depends on how may laps of Grande Pointe), usually 90mins in duration.
- This is a “No Drop” ride, meaning no one will be left behind to find their own way home. However, you should arrive with a fitness base that will allow you to handle the distance and at least a 25kph pace.
- The ride pace is controlled (~25kph) from the parking lot to the Grande Pointe loop. Once on the 9km loop riders will be able to ride at their own pace with the option to ride 1 to 3 laps. We usually do 2 laps, the quick ones will do 3. The whole group will return to the parking lot together at a controlled pace.
- All female riders, 13+ years of age, are welcome. Riders must be Velodonnas Club & MCA members (General member at least). A one time try out ride is permitted but you MUST bring a signed waiver with you (see below). Come check us out! Get a Membership
- Rides start at 6:30 PM in April and last 2 weeks of August. Otherwise, be ready to roll by 7:00 PM each night.
- See below for a Monday Night Road Ride in the north – leaving from Birds Hill school.
- HELMET – Mandatory – no helmet, no ride. Helmets must be cycling specific.
- Water bottle(s), plus energy bar/gel
- Spare tube, levers, pump or C02
- CELL PHONE
- Emergency contact with medical alert information (e.g. a card in your pocket, Road ID wristband)
- Rear flashing light and (recommended) front light
You must be a club member AND a MCA member in order to ride with us. You are welcome to try a ride first before committing to membership. No charge. One time only. You MUST come with a signed waiver: ADULT Waiver or Youth (U18) Waiver
Velodonnas of the North
Looking for a interval training option on a different night?
Check out Velodonnas member Nancy Kroupa’s Wed Night interval sessions.
P.S: In the winter we switch to Monday Night Skiing!