Covid-19 Protocol in effect at this time.
Monday Night Road Rides
April through August
3 start locations in Winnipeg! SOUTH, NORTH & WEST
Please read our Group Ride Guidelines
Velodonnas Group Ride Guidelines – Updated July 20, 2018
For NEW RIDERS – Ready to roll at 6:30 PM SHARP
Meet at No Frills parking lot Southglen Shopping Mall – St. Anne’s Rd @ Southglen Blvd. Alternatively, meet the group in Grande Pointe (stop sign after turning off Hwy 59) at ~7pm, if you prefer not to ride in a group on the busy roadways from Winnipeg to Grande Pointe.
Domestique (Ride Leader): Karin McSherry 204-791-3195
This ride is for new riders eager to learn how to safely ride in a group, or experienced riders eager to teach newbies. Speed is not our focus.
General ride info:
- These are road rides so bring a road worthy bicycle. Cyclocross and gravel type bikes are welcome – use slick tires, no knobbies. Please, no cruisers, mountain bikes or flat bar hybrids. Drop bars are mandatory.
- Distance ~30 – 50 km ride, usually 90mins in duration.
- This is a “No Drop” ride, meaning no one will be left behind to find their own way home. However, you need to have a fitness base that will allow you to handle the distance and at least a 25kph pace.
- All female riders, 13+ years of age, are welcome. Riders must be Velodonnas Club & MCA members (General member at least). A one time try out ride is permitted but you MUST bring a signed waiver with you (see below). Come check us out! Get a Membership
- Rides are weather dependant. We will post relevant ride updates on social media (see the right sidebar here) and we’ll email our current list of members.
What to bring:
- HELMET – MANDATORY. No helmet=no ride. Helmets must be cycling specific.
- Water bottle(s), plus energy bar/gel
- Spare tube, levers, pump or C02 (don’t worry if you don’t know what to do, just please bring them!)
- CELL PHONE
- Emergency contact with medical alert information (e.g. a card in your pocket, Road ID wristband)
- Rear flashing light and (recommended) front light
You must be a club member AND a MCA member in order to ride with us. You are welcome to try a ride first before committing to membership. No charge. One time only. You MUST come with a signed waiver: ADULT Waiver or Youth (U18) Waiver
Check out our Calendar for specific skill nights scheduled throughout the season!
- Cat and Mouse nights – we’ll have some fun with “Handicap race” simulation. Basically, we’ll split up into pace groups and chase each other down the road. It’ll be fun. Promise.
- Individual Time Trial (ITT) nights – we’ll use your times to help create Team Time Trial teams.
- Team Time Trial practice – for everyone, even if you are not racing the TTT.
- 80km Solstice Ride – EARLY start 6:00 PM
- Sprinting – instruction & practice. Essential skill for everyone!
- Cornering – instruction & practice. Essential skill for everyone!
- Hill climbing – instruction & practice. Essential skill for everyone!
- Gravel riding – instruction & practice. Essential skill for everyone!
Last minute updates/conversations on the Velodonnas Facebook page