Ride for Reese is a fundraising spin class hosted by Velodonnas in support of long-standing Velodonnas member and friend, April Gobert and her family. Most especially her son Reese Ketler who suffered a life-altering spinal injury playing hockey in December. Reese was enrolled in the MCA’s Kids of Mud program for a number of years.
ALL proceeds to the Ketler/Gobert family.
DATE: Sunday January 26, 2020
TIME: 1:00 PM (ride time 45 mins, please arrive 15 min prior to start)
LOCATION: Wheelhouse Cycle Club (655 Sterling Lyon Pkwy, Unit 5)
If you cannot attend, but would like to purchase a ‘support ticket’, we have set up an ‘Add-on purchase option’. You can purchase this without an actual event ticket.
We are also collecting basket/prize items to sell tickets for on the day of. If you would like to contribute either a basket, items for a basket or money, please let us know. Etransfers are accepted through Ride@velodonnas.ca.
Register in 2 steps:
- Pay and REGISTER via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/velodonnas-ride-for-reese-tickets-88681014301?utm_term=eventurl_text
- CREATE a Wheelhouse account: https://www.wheelhousecycleclub.com
We are limited to 41 people per room and if we sell out we have the option of adding another ride later that day.
If you don’t or can’t ride, but would like to stop by Sunday afternoon, you are definitely most welcome!
- Wheelhouse Spin Studio is located at 655 Sterling Lyon Pkwy near the outlet mall.
- The studio has lockers with a keypad on them so no need to bring a lock.
- Cycling shoes are included but you can also bring your own (the pedals have Look Delta clips on one side and SPD on the other).
- Bring a water bottle.
- Each ride is 45 minutes long. Arrive at least 15 minutes ahead to make sure shoes fit and for proper bike set up.
- Each rider is assigned a bike. Bikes have power meters on them and at the end of each class, riders will receive an email with their stats and performance data.
- Each rider needs to set up a Wheelhouse account prior to riding for shoe size info and email addresses to receive stats (see link above).
Spread the word!
This ride is for ANYONE & EVERYONE. If we sell out this ride, we’ll add another.
Remember, if you can’t ride but want to donate please use the Eventbrite link above.
You may also contribute to Reese’s Go Fund Me. The goal is $250,000.