Cyclocross season is just around the corner and we are getting so excited! Check out what we have planned for you…
Cyclocross Skills Clinic 2017
Saturday August 19th, 2017
Time: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Location: Whittier Park – Fort Gibraltar parking lot 866 St. Joseph
Who: All female riders 12 years old and up are welcome
Cost: Free for Velodonnas Club members; $10 for non-members
What to Bring:
- HELMET – mandatory, no helmet=no riding
- Cross or Mountain Bike
- Water bottle and water
- Granola bar or something like that (snacks)
- Emergency contact & medical (if app.) information (e.g. card in your pocket, Road ID wristband etc.)
- Your enthusiasm for learning new skills / improving skills you already have / challenging yourself
Skills We’ll Cover:
- The Basics – pedal stroke, braking, shifting, cornering, getting out of the saddle
- Mounts and Dismounts
- Carrying the bike
- Starts – bike & body contact, touching wheels
- Hurdles and run ups
Velodonnas Cross Labs
As a follow up to the Aug 19th clinic we’ll have, for club members, a couple of “Cross Labs” leading up to the first race of the season. Part workout, part practice sessions. Come with your cross or mountain bike. If you’re really serious, leave your bottle cage at home and bring a bottle in your back pocket (bottle cages get in the way when shouldering your bike).
- Wednesday Aug 30th 6:30 – 7:30 PM – Whittier Park
- Wednesday Sep 6th 6:30 – 7:30 PM – Whittier Park
Interested in the local cyclocross racing scene?
There is a Cyclocross race every weekend from Sep 9th to Oct 29th. Check out the full calendar of events here: http://mbcycling.ca/
Most races will require a MCA racing license but not all. Be sure to check the race details when they become available closer to each date.
What is Cyclocross?
Cyclocross is everything. Cyclocross is life. 😉
Just watch the 2017 World Championships for a little inspiration: https://youtu.be/SpPfsB1rwpw
And here’s pro rider Georgia Gould with some solid tips on the dismount and remount: https://youtu.be/hxhK4yvjCN4