Spring has finally sprung and our plans for bike riding and skill clinics and cycling adventures are popping!
95 people registered for our Open House on April 19th and we are sure that is a record number. We are all eager to get out riding together while being very aware of the pandemic situation and the importance of keeping ourselves and each other safe and healthy.
We have updated our website pages, including the link to our Rides & Clinics Sign Up.
Our Covid Protocol is still in effect and we are limiting the number of participants at each ride and clinic. Everyone must sign up at least 24 hours in advance of any event. You must be a member to ride with us regularly but we welcome anyone to try us on for size first. One-time try out is available for rides only, not the skill clinics. You must register in advance, using that same sign-up link.
If the ride/event you want to join is “Sold Out” or you have signed up for a ride/event and need to cancel, please email us so we can place you on our waiting list or give your cancelled spot to someone on the list.
Here is a snapshot of what we plan to offer this year:
- Weekly MTB rides
- Weekly (HIT) High Intensity Training sessions (Road)
- Skill clinics – Road/any bike, MTB, Cyclocross
- Occasional weekend MTB rides
- Themed ride nights for any bike – Public Art Tour, Fix-a-Flat etc.
- Skill specific ride nights for roadies – Cornering, Gravel, Sprinting etc.
- Solo, virtual challenges
- Distance goals and route suggestions
- Advice, support, camaraderie, and a safe space to come as you are with whatever you’ve got.
We are considering more club branded items this year – another run of hoodies, a tote bag, ball cap, buff or neck scarf (or both) and we are redesigning our Custom club kit. Stay tuned for updates!
Better yet, become a member and get weekly email updates straight to your inbox. Members will receive helpful video links which can be viewed anytime. Head over to our Resources page.
Ready to join Velodonnas? Head over to our Membership page.