MOUNTAIN BIKE – Wednesday, June 3rd @ Birdshill Park (Bur Oak trail)
Contact: Moni Robertson
Location: Bur Oak Parking Lot #7 at Birdshill Park. Proceed to Park entrance. After you go through the gate stay on South Drive, the Bur Oak parking lot will be on your right. MAP
Registration and sign in: 5:30 – 6:30 (kids must register and sign in by 6:00)
Event #1 (Kids (13 and under): 6:30 p.m.
Event #2 (Adults): ~ 7:00 p.m.
Format: You will be able to choose 1, 2 or 3 laps for both kids and adult events. Each category will start in a mass start format with 1 min gaps between groups.
Registration: Pre‐registration is available online (link above); race day registration will also be available. Onsite registration opens at 5:30 p.m. and ends 1/2 hour before your event. This race is OPEN to all women and girls; no MCA/UCI licence is required.
Prizes: Random draw prizes will also be available at each event.
Adult (14+) – MCA member – $10
Adult (14+) – NON MCA member – $15
Youth (13 and under) – MCA member – $5
Youth (13 and under) – NON MCA member – $10
Kids 1, 2 or 3 laps
Adult 1, 2 or 3 laps
Race Course: The kid’s course will be between 3 and 4 km in length and adult course between 6 and 8 km in length. The length will be determined by the weather for that day. The surface will be a combination of hard packed trails, loose sand, and gravel. There are small obstacles and rocks to go around and over, including roots. The course is a combination of single and double track and is up and down in nature with a few flat sections.
- All racers bikes must operate a bicycle with both front and rear working brakes.
- All racers must wear a CSA approved helmet while riding on OR off-course (even the parking lot).
- Riders shall act and race with caution and respect for their fellow racers. They shall be held responsible for any accidents that they cause.
- It is a racer’s responsibility to familiarizing yourself with the race course before the race (marshals will not be obligated to give out directions to confused riders).
- A racer must act in a sporting manner at all times and shall permit any faster rider to overtake without obstructing.
- If a rider exits the course for any reason, she must return to the course at the same point from which they exited.
- Music players and electronic devises are NOT allowed by any racers during any events.
- Handlebars must have end caps.
- No kick stands or panniers attached to bike.
- Glass containers are not allowed on the course, including the feed zone.
Parking: Parking is available at the site.
Courtesy and Safety: The course is open and the public can access the course at any point. Signs will indicate that bike race is in progress, but be aware that marshals do not have authority to prevent people from entering the course. Keep your head up at all times. Be courteous to others.
Washrooms: Washrooms will be open and is an outhouse.