5th Annual Women’s 100/160 — Sunday July 14, 2019
Time & Location: 7:30 AM – 9:00 AM roll outs, meeting at Kildonan Park – 2015 Main Street Winnipeg
- Estimated roll out times:
- 7:30 AM – 160 km group
- 8:30 AM – 25-27 kph pace group
- 8:45 AM – 27-29 kph pace group
- 9:00 AM – 29+ kph pace group
- 100 km riders – Don’t get caught without your group! Be ready to leave at your start time and be attentive! Please arrive with enough time to get ready to leave at the above chosen start time.
We started this 100km/160km “Century” ride in 2015 when we were inspired by the Rapha Women’s 100 “…a celebration of cycling community and collective spirit among riders across the globe.”
This ride is self-supported and is open to all cyclists 13+ years of age.
Free for Velodonnas members. $10 for non-Velodonnas and non-MCA members.
NEW – we will hosting a light lunch after the ride in the park. the cost of this lunch is $2 per person. All are welcome to stay! BYOC, BYOB
Non-members, please bring a SIGNED WAIVER with you:
Maps and cue sheets coming soon!
This is a self-supported ride:
- Come Prepared
- Carry spare tube(s), pump or C02 or both, food, water & money for more food/water at local gas stations.
- Bring your mobile phone. Make sure there’s someone you can call in case you need an emergency pick up en route.
- HELMET is MANDATORY
- Rest Stops
- We will have watermelon, bars, powdered Gatorade and water at a few stops along the way.
- Anything you leave with our volunteers and their “SAG” vehicles (Support And Gear) in the morning.
- Please note: our volunteers will not necessarily be qualified mechanics or first aid responders.
Questions? Contact us email@example.com
Please note that this ride is being planned as an “At your own Risk” event. This means you need to be responsible for your own safety on the road and consider the day no different that going out for a casual ride with friends.
Facebook Event page