CYCLOCROSS – Sunday August 30th @ Canadian Mennonite University (CMU) 500 Shaftesbury Blvd
ALL RACES ARE OPEN (no license or membership required)
Contact: Moni Robertson
Location: Canadian Mennonite University (CMU) 500 Shaftesbury Blvd
- Registration and sign in: 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM
- Kids 10 mins + 1 lap @ 11:00 AM
- Adults 20 mins + 2 laps @ 11:30 AM
- Adult (14+) – MCA member – $10
- Adult (14+) – NON MCA member – $15
- Youth (13 and under) – MCA member – $5
- Youth (13 and under) – NON MCA member – $10
- Kids 10 mins + 1 lap
- Adults 20 mins + 2 laps
Format: All riders will be staged and started together. Riders who have participated both previous events, will be seeded closer to the front. As the race leader approaches the lap lane at 20 mins, all riders will be given a 2 laps to go signal (no matter how many laps you have completed), the next lap will be the bell and final lap. After the bell lap, all riders will finish.
Course conditions: The course will be made up of a combination of grass track and gravel paths with small obstacles/barriers and hills to run over and up. At various points on‐course you will be required to dismount and carry your bike. This is a fast and short course.
Registration: Pre‐registration is available online, race day registration will also be available. Pre-registration closed at NOON on race day. Onsite registration opens at 5:30 p.m. and ends 1/2 hour before your event. This race is OPEN to everyone; no MCA/UCI licence is required.
- All bikes welcome, provided they have working front & back brakes. Commissaires have the discretion to disallow the use of any equipment they consider unsafe.
- All racers must wear a CSA approved helmet while riding on OR off‐course
Parking: Parking is available in the lot north of the large university building