Covid-19 has forced us to cancel our annual Women’s 100 ride but that won’t stop us from challenging you to some long rides this season!
The Velodonnas Distance Challenge is a SOLO challenge with flexibility in how you participate – given that we’ve all spent different amounts of time in the saddle this season so far.
We challenge you to complete (roughly) a 60, 80 or 100 km ride (or one of each!) in the month of July and post about your ride on Instagram.
Ride to Win!
Tag @velodonnas to be entered into a draw to win a gift card from a local business OR a $25 credit toward Velodonnas merchandise. Suggested hashtags:
Riding in Winnipeg and need route recommendations? We have some for you:
- Urban short 55km https://www.strava.com/routes/2713433919552098018
- Urban medium 70km https://www.strava.com/routes/2713452255629561570
- Urban long 100km https://www.strava.com/routes/2713445664968139192
- South 50km https://www.strava.com/routes/2713472253936304568
- South 80km https://www.strava.com/routes/2713460508025229846
- South 100km https://www.strava.com/routes/2713470909860664854
- West 60km++ (the ++ refers to the fact that you can extend this ride all the way up to 160km if you like) https://www.strava.com/routes/2713459999817884386
- North classic 60km https://www.strava.com/routes/2713499058537160418
- North 80km https://www.strava.com/routes/2713454539744803554
These routes are available in Strava (a social network for athletes): https://www.strava.com.
Sign up for a free account or pay for a subscription (optional).
If you download the Strava app to your phone or smartwatch you can choose to record your rides on either device and it will automatically upload to the Strava website.
Alternatively, record your rides on any (GPS enabled) cycling computer or wearable and upload your rides to Strava manually (or automatically with a few more technological steps).
Join our Strava Club and see your weekly stats on the leaderboard: https://www.strava.com/clubs/130638
But most importantly, get out there, anywhere, and RIDE YOUR BIKE!
Don’t forget to post Instagram photos of your Velodonnas Distance Challenge rides AND tag us @velodonnas for a chance to win.